Do You Know How to Take Care of Your Eyelash Extensions? 2
- Some sensitive people experience mild redness and dry eyes immediately after eyelash application. We try to reduce this as much as possible, so we will ask you if you are sensitive beforehand. In most cases, this will go away within an hour or so and is nothing to worry about. Of course, if you are concerned, please call us.
- It is normal to lose a few lashes per day (1-5 times). Don’t panic if you notice them from time to time (as they are much larger than your natural lashes). When it’s ready to come out, the extension comes off, attaching to the natural lashes and replacing them with new baby lashes. Some days you don’t drop, some days you might drop 3 or 4. This is completely normal and doesn’t mean your lashes will fall out!
- Some eyelashes grow faster than others. You may find that every few months, your lashes fall out faster than at other times. This usually means you have a lot of new growth, and as you come in, we see more lashes we can lashes! Other times, they may still look good at 4 or 5 weeks because they haven’t shed as much.
- No two sets of lashes are the same. We customize the shape, size, weight and curls to each individual’s eye shape, natural lash condition and taste. Each style looks different depending on your eye shape. So be aware that even if you ask for the same thing, your lashes won’t be the same as your friend’s.
- Expect 2 to 4 weeks before filling is required. On average, our clients come back every 3 weeks. Sets that contain more lashes (gorgeous and volumized) generally last longer than those with fewer (full, streamlined). Shorter lashes also usually last longer.
- If you experience severe itching and/or red/swollen eyelids for the first few days after use. It could be an allergic reaction. Unfortunately, these are largely unavoidable – but fortunately, they are rare and treatable. If you are concerned, please contact us.
- Excessive shedding of extensions on natural lashes in the first few days. This is not uncommon – but if you feel that they fall out quickly within the first 3 days of use, please contact us so we can troubleshoot and/or evaluate your lashes.
- If (after wearing it for a while) you find that your eyes feel gritty and sandy at times – it probably means you really need to clean your lashes more often/properly. Your technician can evaluate your lash line and advise on the best way to clean your lashes.
If you wish to keep your lashes, usually between 2-4 weeks, you will need fillers. The time depends on the following factors:
- Generally speaking, the more lashes we apply, the longer they last (and the more they lose)
- how do you treat them
- Your lash cycle and how fast your lashes fall out/grow
- your skin type (oily skin tones often shed lashes faster)
As long as at least 1/3 of the lashes remain intact, we fill up for 4-5 weeks at most. Please let us know in advance if you think you need more time than usual or want to add any other services (ie brow wax).
Before you come for the next fill:
- It’s wise to book in advance – especially for evenings and weekends – these times are most popular and can be booked months in advance. If you only want to see a specific tech, please let us know so we can make sure of that!
- Let us know if you want to change anything, for example if you want to upgrade to a thicker suit, or try the volume instead of the classic. Because we do need more time for different types of lashes
Avoid heavy makeup that needs to be washed off that night (because you need to keep them dry)
- Make sure you have no makeup and your eyes are very clean. Dirty lids and lashes (especially things we can’t see, like lash mites – they thrive when lashes are never clean!) can prevent extensions from bonding well, and they may not last as long long time.
Please don’t bring children (under 10 – or at least the age to be able to sit quietly for long periods of time) as much as we love children, our salon is not for them – there are other clients there, and chemicals in the same room and hot wax or something. We want to ensure an easy, safe and distraction-free experience for everyone.